View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry
eternal fame, assuming there will be others around beyond the circles of this world to recall it.
If a computer-generated tree falls in a forest or a prophet's works are wiped out in the apocalypse... Not sure. I guess it would depend on the theology of the prophet. What if Mandos told you that it was your job to get the word out? Being a bit skeptical, to me unless there's some payoff, seemingly if you are motivated enough to spend your last days lettting everyone else know then you're either full of altruism or something else.

Quote:
I haven't checked out the Notion Club Papers yet, but looky what a google produced about Mayans. Their calendar is called the Tzolkin, meaning count of days .
Very nice and interesting observation. I too noted that the Mayan calendar has something to do with the "Sacred Tree." Mayan trees...maize...corn...It's the return of the Ent wives in 2012!

And letters 20 and 12 are 'T' and 'L.' Need I say more?

The T(z)olkien Code.

Quote:
I don't know if there are any harmonic convergences with the Shire Reckoning or the King's Reckoning or the Quenya yén though.
See what you can come up with; I'm going to be productive and spend the rest of the day penning, "The World Won't End in 2012...Unless You're an Ent." It's a mixed bag of end time prophecy and relationship advice.