Thread: Saruman's ring
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Ghanberryghan
Pile O'Bones

Ghanberryghan has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand Saruman's ring

"But I rode to the foot of Orthanc, and came to the stair of Saruman; and there he met me and led me up to his high chamber. He wore a ring on his finger."

"For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker..."

"'There is something strange at work in this land. I distrust the silence. I distrust even the pale Moon. The stars are faint; and I am weary as I have seldom been before, weary as no Ranger should be with a clear trail to follow. There is some will that lends speed to our foes and sets an unseen barrier before us: a weariness that is in the heart more than in the limb.'
'Truly!' said Legolas. 'That I have known since first we came down from the Emyn Muil. For the will is not behind us but before us.' He pointed away over the land of Rohan into the darkling West under the sickle moon.
'Saruman!' muttered Aragorn. 'But he shall not turn us back! Halt we must once more; for, see! even the Moon is falling into gathering cloud. But north lies our road between down and fen when day returns.
'"

Could Aragorn have been describing the effects Saruman's ring has? Empowering his minions and making it more difficult for his foes to succeed? Isengard was always meant to be a lesser version of Morder, so could Saruman's ring have had some of the similar effects of the One but to a lesser extent?

Last edited by Ghanberryghan; 01-25-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Ghanberryghan is offline   Reply With Quote