View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #116
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Yes, I saw that part in the book, but instead I chose Gandalf's quote about Dáin. Since, you have searched throught the books for such a quote for me I'll take that one over mine. Thanks Nerwen.
You're welcome.

...And now I think I'd better start getting into character...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Orc, I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who would kill you before seeing the ring pass into your hands.
Indeed, brother. Just listen to him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scheming, Treacherous Orc View Post
A stuck-up Elf shouldn't have the Ring, but neither should a greedy Dwarf like yourself. This matter is better left in the hands of those who only care about what needs to be done.
You mean... like YOU???!! What, exactly, is an Orc's idea of what needs to be done? Slitting all our throats in the night? Torturing us? Eating us? Making off with the Ring?

I say we lynch him now. Why give him the chance to betray us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Elves, Dwarves, Maia and Men have held such things, but really, what about Ugluk's kin?

I wouldn't suggest any of my furry or feathered friends to be ring bearers, anymore than I would simply pick an elve or a dwarve or even Gandalf, because doing something so serious without thought seems hasty to me.
...But you're willing to trust AN ORC with it, just because it would be "interesting"? My good wizard, are you sure you're taking this quest seriously enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
I think Lobelia being able to act in her own accordance and in the company of those who can learn from her and give advice in return as well would make a rewarding experience. Then again, what do I know about hobbits?
I have heard that there are hobbits and hobbits, and that this one has a reputation for being light-fingered... not a good choice.