View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #96
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Fea, you say you'd like to spot the EW. Have you got any theories how would s/he be acting? Or any candidates worth mentioning?
Several theories, nobody I feel the need to reveal.

However let's use our lorebooks, shall we? The recently published ones pertaining to activities that may take place on holiday from the village.

The evil wizard (okay... speaking plainly now...) volunteered for the job. The evil wizard, ergo, is somebody with a bit of time on his or her hands at the moment. The evil wizard is probably not going to be one of the students playing with finals coming up. The evil wizard is probably not going to be somebody that can't guarantee specific hours during the day in which to take care of wizarding business. The evil wizard (and the good, yes, the good) are going to be players with a bit of time to spare.

Remember that when accusing. "Yes, this person looks suspicious. Maybe a wolf, but since this, this, and this are happening in his/her life, what is the likelihood that s/he would volunteer for a time-consuming position?"

Think about it. It's no guarantee, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.

I want to remind people not to take Loki for granted. S/he's a new player and seems to be making mistakes in terms of surmising how we do this. But I'm fascinated by our trickster and I don't think we should assume him/her to be making silly mistakes. Keep in mind that all statements could very well be planned.

Don't discount anything. This statement is not for any one player or about any one player. Don't assume anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Why, Fea, who else but Mormegil?
The way the two of us bicker? I rather think the village would prefer we stay bitter single folk.

And as to the phantom being the evil wizard? He can't be. So say I.