View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 03:03 PM   #120
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

[Greendale]

After taking some time trying to explain what the ainereg plant looked like, with little success, Anson Hornblower, took a small crumpled picture from a pack of one of the others."Are you familiar with this plant?"

Greendale bent down, and looked at the small picture that Anson was holding up as high as his small arms would let him. Greendale looked at it for a couple of minutes and then smiled broadly.

"Hoom, yes I know this plant! It is not too far from here, I can take you now if you wish!" The group nodded below smiling, glad to know they would be able to find it and get back to their land.

Greendale looked at them and then about the forest floor."This is all of you correct?" The small band looked at eachother and back at Greendale frowning slightly. Greendale took the hint.

"So there are more of you? We should best find them soon. Hrum, I do not want to know what could happen to them!" At this the group went pale, becoming very worried for there friends. Greendale asked them where they had split up and which direction they had been headed in. Anson and the others replied quickly, getting more and more nervous.

"Hmmmm, I think I know where your friends might have ended up, if nothing has happened to them. Come let us go. And try to keep up, ent strides are much longer than any of yours!" He headed of and the small group followed behind, trying to keep up with Greendale's massive steps.

[Everwood]

Everwood tried in vain to remeber any plant such as the ainereg, but there were too many to be sure which one it was. They had narrowded it down quite a bit, but there were far too many plants in Fangorn forest. After quite some time they stopped, not sure what to do next.

"Hoom, I am sorry I could not be of much help, perhaps if I think a little longer it will come to me, go rest for a bit, I shall be here." And he walked over to a small patch of light and stood there motionless.

The rest of the group sat down and talked amongst eachother about how to better explain the ainereg. "If only we had the drawing, we could just show the ent." one said during the discussion. They all looked about at eachother and sighed, this was taking longer than they had planned.

After a long time of complete silence they heard a quiet sound coming from the earth. It was a sort of thumping, as if something was coming towards them. They looked over at Everwood as he opened his eyes and looked through the overgrown landscape. In the distance they saw a large figure coming towards them. They stood up holding their weapons infront of them, posed and ready. But as it came closer they noticed smaller figures as well, and their weapons slowly fell to their sides.

It was Anson and the others, and they had found an ent too! They ran to eachother and smiled nodding and laughing, whilst the two ents met behind them.

"Greendale! You have not gone walking for some time now! A long time now!" The two smiled, happy to see eachother once again.

"Indeed my friend "Greendale said, his eyes filled with joy." I had forgotten!"