View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

*spends a few minutes thinking*

Well... I first found the site because my brother, who introduced me to The Lord of the Rings by denying the trilogy to me, is a member. I'm an avid reader and I love fantasy (and I'd already read The Hobbit), so when he refused to lend me his books, I wanted to read them just to spite him. So I borrowed an extremely battered (pages fell out while I was reading) copy from his English teacher and read it in about three days. After that, I very quickly read the second two volumes and became an immediate fan. This was before the Movies. I had all sorts of questions, but he didn't want to share his hobby with me and nobody else in my family had read the books, so I resorted to the internet. I found this website (the history on our computer had this and theonering.net) and started looking around.

Observing the friendly atmosphere and the fact that there is truly a place for every kind of Tolkien fan here, I fell in love. I'm moody, so there are some days that I want pure intellectual debate, and that is Books. I also have a zany sense of humor, so Middle Earth Madness (as it was at the time) was perfect. Movies catered to the fact that FotR had come out two months before I joined officially. I was terrified of the Quiz Room, but these days, if I get on a roll... Once seeing all this, I decided that this was the perfect place to share my hobby. After coming up with my lengthy moniker, I posted a thread the very first day and I've never regretted a moment sense. The End.

Fea