Thread: Stuck in a boat
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 05:03 PM   #15
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

1. Oliphaunts (They were taking up too much space, and maybe they will touch the bottom and we will be able to use them as some sort of bridge to safety.)

2a. Gimli (Hes a little too large and hes not really my kind of guy.)

2b. Gimli's precious 3 hairs (What can I say they were taking up too much space... and I have this funny image in my mind of Gimli sloshing around trying to save his own life as well as trying to find three hairs in this huge body of water.)

3. Tom Bombadil (I left him on long enough till he sang his song to banish the Barrow Wight, (Sorry Mr. Wight.) this way I got like a two for one. Then again how much mass and volume does a wight have?)

4. Sauron (Like everyone said who wants a giant flaming eye on their boat.)

5. Legolas (He probably wanted to wash his hair anyway.)

6. Grima (I have a feeling that by now Eowyn has jumped off the boat cause she can't take Grima stalking her all the time... so now its his turn to go.)

7. Faramir (He dove in after Eowyn... does that count?)

8. Gandalf (More on this later.)

9. Ulmo (If he cant get us out of this mess by now then he has to go.)

10. Me (I figure that I have offended one or another character by kicking off their friend, partner, lover, so I think that the probably would have formed a mutiny kicked me off and made Cirdan the captain.)

Now then why did Gandalf have to go. Well first off when we read Gothbogg the Rippers original post we deduce a few things,

Quote:
Question time, you're stuck in a boat with all the Lord of the Rings characters so naturally it's too heavy, you have to chuck 10 people overboard to their grizzly deaths, who do you get rid of?
Apparently we are on a boat thats safe to assume, but to assume that we are on a body of water is a little bit of a stretch as far as I'm concerned. So the obvious solution was to just walk off the boat onto dry land, but Gothbogg and the rest of us here (myself included) seem to prefer grizzly death and I say to each his own. But Gandalf probably realized this loophole and took off... He does have a habit of hitting the road when the going gets tough right?

Trippo

Last edited by Trippo The Hippo; 12-08-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Trippo The Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote