View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #200
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I guess it bears mentioning that the green tater "defined" charming here as "pleasant, polite" - or does that not need to be followed necessarily?
I think there is room for personal decision here.

I myself have always thought that you try to get the main definition right first - and if and when there are some competing choices then I'd bring on the other definitions to bear as well. But I shouldn't pick one which is spot on or hilarious with the second or third but doesn't fit the prime-definition at all.

But I also have the feeling some people just ignore the second and third definitions - which is perfectly okay if they want to do it. There is no rule, I think, that would require you to pay heed to the other definitions - even if I myself consider them as well when making decisions as the judge (or I see making suggestions in this kind of a game ).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote