View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #339
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

'Stop argueing with yourself, and get lunch ready' Esgallhugwen muttered under her breath. She flitted about the kitchen like a pale phantom sniffing out where the spices were kept and soon enough she found them; in a small cupboard. The pot was boiling with the fresh vegetables as she added the spices, careful to add just the right amount so the soup would be rich and flavourful.

Esgallhugwen called for Buttercup to start slicing up the loaves of honey wheat bread and to see that the pots of honey and sweet butter were filled. Buttercup came but was a little shocked to see the strange Elf in the kitchen.

And yet she gave Esgallhugwen a look of recognition, she had been the Hobbit lass that was startled by her grey eyes while stoking the small fire in her room. 'Oh, where has Cook gone off to?'.

'She asked me to cook lunch for the Inn today, she also asked that you slice the loaves there and fill the pots with honey and sweet butter please, I didn't ask if she had anywhere to be; it isn't my business to ask about personal matters or any matters that don't concern me' Esgallhugwen smiled faintly and stirred the soup a few more times.

The aroma of the rich soup began to curl delicately about the kitchen than made it's way into the rest of the Inn, alerting guests and staff that lunch was very soon on it's way. Esgallhugwen put the lid on the pot and simmered it.

Esgallhugwen called out to Cook telling her that lunch is done and that Buttercup only has to finish up filling the pots with sweet butter and honey. Lunch is served.