View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
WW LXXIX: Fall From Olympus

The sun never rose on the mountain that fateful day. The skies were a deep purple, with thunder rolling through it and reverberating through the halls of Mount Olympus. Rain spattered the the side of the mountain. Below, the mortals stayed indoors, sheltering from the coming onslaught. All able bodied man were put too work, sandbagging the rivers so they wouldn’t over flow into their crops and drown their livestock. Women and children were bustling inside, making sure everything was secure, readying food and making sure their was a plate ready for when the men came home. Greece had never looked so desolate...

Yet the weather paled in comparison to the storm that was raging inside of Mount Olympus. The Gods were in an uproar, for Hermes had just delievered a message to them from the Fates, one that would affect their lives from this day forth: the Twilight was upon them. The ever powerful reign of the Olympian Gods was supposedly coming to an end. They had all gathered in the Halls to conviene, including Hades and his wife Persephone, as well as Poseidon, all of whom usually kept to their domains. Yet this was no ordinary day, not when their lives were hanging in the balance.

It was foretold, long ago, that one day, the Twilight would come and the Gods reign would cease. Yet nothing was said as to how it would happen. And the message that Hermes had brought with him from the Fates was also very vague. It also did not help that Apollo, being the God of Prophecy had seen the death or disappearance of his entire family. For the first time since the Titans, Mount Olympus was surrounded in a shroud of fear.......

The clammering in Olympus went on all day, everyone at each other’s throats...almost literally in some cases. Some of the Gods seemed to be acting a little more agressively than the others...Yet no one would do a thing about it. Zeus finally called them all to attention. “Attention....ATTENTION!!” His voice rumbled through the hall and everyone fell silent. “The Fates have said our Fates are sealed. Yet as my son Hercules has always said, we make our own destiny. Let’s put this squabbling aside and come together as a family and beat it. The Twilight shall not descend upon us yet!” There was a chorus of agreement from the other Gods. And as the purple in the sky slowly faded to black, the Gods dispersed one by one, heading to their rooms for the Night........

It is now Night 1.

Wolves start PMing.
Hera and Zeus start PMing.
Eros and Artemis may start PMing.
Shirrifs may start PMing.
Seers send me a dream.