View Single Post
Old 06-14-2001, 07:43 AM   #24
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: A project ~~~~Revising the Fall of Gondolin

Re; the sindar and noldor unless there is text that is somehow suitable for inclusion in the Tale it is I think an academic question - as opposed to a practical one.
where is the source for the comepeting Noldor only/Noldor - Sindar houses. Quendi and Eldar? - Shibboleth? I think it is briefly mentioned in the UT tuor notes.
If we keep Voronwe as given in UT Tuor it seems we are obliged to have Sindar in Gondolin - if not their ' houses'.

Re: legolast /laigolas etc. I am for anything other than duplicating legolas /legolas greenleaf.
The others are such close variants that perhaps the Quenya version should be used despite it standing out.

Textually [as opposed to specific words] our first question is here and how do we end UT Tuor and start FoG? any thoughts?

I will try and work on an outline of all the major sections of IV,77 and FoG w/ a few notes as to obvious work needing to be done.

Lindil is oft found on posting on the Silmarillion Project at the Barrowdowns and working onthe 2nd Elven/Christian discussion board<a href="http://pub72.ezboard.com/bosanwe" >Osanwe</a>, and Gilthalion's http://pub41.ezboard.com/btarostineruhirTar Ost-in-Eruhir</A>. and Finrod prophecieth to Andreth " Therefore Eru,if He will not relinquish His work to Melkor... must come in to conquer him. </p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote