View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 08:38 AM   #109
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

And with whom would we, the punters, place our bets for that battle royale? I have my suspicions (psst... five quid each way on the bow).

Excellent planning as usual, Underhill. Army surplus radio equipment is usually the most robust, but I'll have a look round and see what I can come up with. It looks to me like the Global Travesty Grid (once thought to be beyond the reach of science) is finally a possibility.

All in good time, Saucepan. At the moment we have 1 (one) melted lump of metal and plastic, other ranks for the use of and a lot of design and planning documentation. I can't see why a home unit couldn't be created that scans the grid for travesties in progress, thus warning the casual denizen of Tolkiendom of imminent threats in their regions. Something like GPS would certainly appear to be workable given the esteemed Dr. Underhill's ground-breaking array concept. However, we're a long way from anything commercially viable. At the moment it's scientific purposes only, I'm afraid. Perhaps we could ship you a prototype once we have one to spare.