View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 12:28 AM   #14
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hey this is great! I would have commented earlier but I had to deal with a wayward teenage son most of today.

Quote:
I really like the whole good/evil angle within individuals in the story. I think Silvanis/Hanasian would also fall into that catagory since no one is really sure what his motivations are.
My character will be going by the name Hanasían as I used another when I started posting at Green Dragon. His motivations are inherently good, and is a loyal servant to King Elessar having known, and rode and served his Chief before and during the war. That said, his postwar activities in searching out pockets of evil in the former occupied lands has made him a hard man, and he has learned and found evil lurking in some of the most unlikliest places. His motivation here will be to capture Naiore, having known of her for a time though she has evaded him, and his recent discovery she had a daughter.

Anyway, that is just a sampling, as I will post a bio soon, and also I have a couple ideas for some additional characters others could write. Since the Grey Company were numbered at about thirty, and there is only documented that Halbarad was killed in the war, a couple wartime Dúnedain rangers could be added as characters, with the only requirement for them is they know Hanasían and possibly Kaldir if they were old enough to know he fell at the battle mentioned at the Green Dragon.

As for the Inn, we could move the events that have happened in the Inn from the Shire's Green Dragon to say the Forsaken Inn, a days ride east of Bree on the East Raod. That way, Hanasían's riding to Bree to contact Benia's relatives is still intact, and only puts him a few days away from returning to the Forsaken Inn. The Lorien part can be changed to Rivendell, as it was never clear whether Elrohir and Elladan ever left Middle Earth.

I guess we need to frame this part and give it the scope required by the admin. I will go over what we have with Elora's overview and Elasaid's ideas. I think we have a good story started here freestyle, lets see if we can make it fit the mold.