View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #325
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
And Jenny brings up an excellent point about Osfrid and Muriel - what is going on there? Is there any way that they might try to get out with Lin and hold out for ransom as LMP suggested Scyld might do?
I'm afraid Osfrid's much too cowardly to hold anybody for ransom. He's more suited to petty crimes like theft or robbery. Too great of a risk with Lin, you see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
If Scyld won't try to get ransom, how about Sorn deciding to kill Linduial, Scyld getting wind of it, and Scyld sneaking off with Lin to save her from Sorn? Then you have your hiding part, and a new wrinkle in the entire story that could take --- whole days!!! --- to figure out, and then we can have all the fun of Sorn and the rescue party BOTH looking for the two runaways, and, and, and, well, it sounds fun to me!
Hmm... not to mention the unexpected loss of Gurth. Sorn would have his hands full for sure searching for both Gurth and Scyld/Lin, certainly with a band of mead-hallers on his tail. I can just see him snapping from all the pressure in a fit of rage... a classic Sorn moment...