Old 08-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #54
LadyLúthien
Pile O'Bones

LadyLúthien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LadyLúthien
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
I think, in addition there is another thread devoted to Led Zep and Tolkien. Without having to find it and post the link (as that's far too complicated a procedure for such as I), what I basically said there was that Robert Plant denied Stairway ever being about Tolkien's work. In the Zep book Hammer of the Gods it states that he was very much interested in fantasy and celtic literature around that time, as were many people, and as such, these influences came out in his lyrics. Though, I don't see how he could deny the influence of Lord of the Rings in songs such as Ramble On, which mentions Gollum and Mordor, and Misty Mountain Hop.
I also heard that Robert Plant denied that STH was about Tolkien's work. But somehow I think that maybe it had a little teeny influence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrahil
Led Zeppelin and Tolkien Relations Page

Misty Mountain Hop - alludes to Misty Mountains
Over the Hills and Far Away - alludes to Misty Mountains
Ramble On - mentions "Mordor" and "Gollum"
The Battle of Evermore - Battle of Pelennor Field
That's an awesome link, and I was going to mention the song 'Ramble On', but you got to it first. (Most likely because you were a member before me.. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory of Trees
- Evanescence - Forgive Me
A lot of songs from Evanescence's 'Origin' CD reminds me of something about Middle-earth.
LadyLúthien is offline   Reply With Quote