View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #848
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
(I'm assuming the game be finished by July 28th).
Lalaith - the game won't actually be starting until the 24th; I don't see it finishing until the 1st or 2nd week in August.
Quote:
My thoughts on the Shirriffs - what if they were only allowed to reveal themselves (if they chose) after/if the other one dies?
I like this idea. I think I may go with it. {Edit: Kath - one theory is that if they aren't really who they claim to be, the real other Shirriff will speak up. Also, it is helpful to the villagers to have a known innocent.}

As near as I can tell, the cobbler's job is to convince the villagers that he is a wolf - sort of the opposite of a wolf: a wolf wants to convince everyone s/he is innocent; a cobbler wants to convince everyone that they're a wolf (it's up to the potential cobbler to decide how, though... I won't try to outline potential cobbler strategy, but thinking about it is pretty interesting). That is, they want to die in place of a wolf. If you're a cobbler, you want to die, but you don't want to die in place of an innocent. They're on the wolves' side without being a wolf or even knowing who the wolves are. Does this make sense?
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote