View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #86
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yes, but what made him do it? Sam's speech? I don't know about you, but if I just saw a hobbit nearly give the Ring away to a messanger of Sauron, I wouldn't be to quick to send him off alone where I wouldn't be there to shoot an arrow into the 'winged terror'. It just doesn't seem to fit well at all...to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would say Sam's speech does have something to do with it, i.e. it helps Faramir see what he knew was right all along. About him not necessarily "trusting" Frodo after he offered the ring to the Wraith I believe that Faramir realizes that he honestly has no choice or say in the matter, all he can do is let them go and tell them which road to take. He knows he cannot go into Mordor with him- it is not his task(and who would want it! other than Sam ) and his duty is to help protect Gondor. Faramir really has not choice but to send Frodo on his way whether he's ok with it or not. What are his other options... give it to denethor? It's safer with Sauron than the Pyro! LOL