View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #23
deal_with_it
Animated Skeleton

deal_with_it has just left Hobbiton.
Proof Requested.. Here ya go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
yes well although obviously they originated the same way goblins and orcs are now two unique groups that can be set apart easily goblins are smaller not because they're wimpy but rather so they need less food which is scarce in the mountains while it was said earlier orcs are bigger because sauron was pumping them up.

since ohobbits and men were originally we not interchange thier names all the time... Aragorn was a large hobbit that walked with long strides.

doesn't sound right does it?

just because they started out the same doesnt mean they still are!

There were four goblin soldiers it does noit refer to all but rather four seeing as uruks were goblins and orcs comnbined it makes sense that some would look more like goblins than orcs.

if they are trully the same try to explain why goblins and orcs all of sudden uruk-hai

if there is anything that proves that they are different its the fact that when combined they make a crazy hybrid

Refer to Message #13

AND from the same site:

"Uruk-hai, The great soldier-Orcs of the later Third Age
Dates: First seen in c.III 2475
Race: Orcs
Pronunciation: ooroo'k-high
Meaning: Literally, 'Orc-people', a name from the Black Speech
Other Names: Great Orcs, Uruks

The great soldier-Orcs that first appeared in the late Third Age; they were larger and stronger than their forebears, and could withstand the light of the Sun. "
http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.asp

And to quote your own words ... How or where did you get that goblins and orcs were separate creatures and that Uruks were a hybrid of the two. I've never heard that before. I was just curious how or where you got that from.

I won't even address how Aragorn is a big hobbit.... ?!?!
deal_with_it is offline   Reply With Quote