View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
I have a question, also - what happens if we try to lynch a Wizard? Do they just die, no chance for a Duel?
Not sure, but my guess is that they don't die, and their role as a Wizard is revealed in the narration (though whether they are good or evil remains a mystery).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
I have the feeling the Good Wizard will populate the Gifteds faster than the Evil Wizard will populate the wolves. Unless the Evil Wizard themself is in danger, I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with just one wolf for a few Nights, to give themselves a chance to get the lay of the land before making their other two choices. Whereas one wolf is just as good as three, if the Evil Wizard can just make another when the first dies, the Gifteds are individually valuable, so I think the Good Wizard is a more motivated seller, so to speak. In which case, our odds of hitting a wolf might not increase after Day One, whereas our odds of hitting a Gifted might.
Hmm. The more wolves, the better the odds one of them dies through lynching, or from the Hunter. I can see the attraction of not creating them all back-to-back. Both Wizards will be hiding from one another early on, I would think, so they're also not going to want to put themselves forward as scrying targets until they'e made their minions.
I doubt the Evil Wizard will create all four wolves back-to-back, but I also don't think they would wait too long to create multiple wolves. While the likelihood of being discovered this soon isn't great, leaving a lone wolf for too long can be risky on the chance the Evil Wizard's identity is discovered within the first few Days/Nights.

I'm generally against a no lynch on Day 1. It just seems like a cop out to me. The odds may not be great, but we could still get lucky. And anyway, the results of a lynch are far more telling than a non lynch.

The first Day is always the trickiest, so it's nice to see some good substance up for discussion already..