View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 05:46 PM   #310
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I like it! A lot! I have only one minor request for change. As you have seen from my post just above yours, I'm shooting for Raefindan to be frankly dense to any such possibility as Angela standing before him in the person of Indil, for at least a while. Maybe for a long time. Despite all the signs. So he's not going to connect them on his own.

Quote:
Raefindan looked from Bergil to the elves and back to the child, kneeling to her height. Her eyes... why did her eyes look so...
I like this, a lot, yet it suggests that Raefindan is actually open minded enough to consider that maybe, just maybe, he should know these eyes from somewhere. He simply isn't going to get it. So perhaps if I may suggest the following, though I will not hold you to it, exactly; in fact, feel free to debate me:

Quote:
Raefindan looked from Bergil to the elves and back to the child, kneeling to her height. Her eyes were soft brown. He liked her eyes; maybe because they were so curious and open-to-life.
So she's not a dead ringer for Angela after all, is she?

Here are some interesting things to keep on the front burner now that we're finally to this point (can you tell I'm excited?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alak
I know we're not this far along in building this line of the story as the actual character is not yet created, but...what if Erebemlin & company discovered a fevered woman...somewhere...and Erebemlin (or Taitheneb as he's more understanding of humans) tries to bring her out and steps into her dream and...and find Mithrellas or more clues as to Nimrodel's location or something that makes them realize this woman needs to be kept around...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
I need a plausible reason for a female to be able to wander ME w/o family or well-meaning folks taking her in for the sake of propriety.

young orphan? 4-7

as a child, she'd be open to more things...

open-minded toward the supernatural; not yet given to the prejudices of her society

also more likely to ask questions
to bind the group against Thoronwë's desires
to be controlled by Thoronwë's mind

would need Elvish supervision?
and female travelling companions

dreams of Mithrellas & Imrazor through bloodline
nightmares of dying parents
and of Angela
And for my own sake, I'm making THIS available here and now.