View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #415
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The peculiar mix of feelings inspired by finding stuff as I continue to clear out the ancestral smial. Fascination, and that happy-sadness caused by finding stuff that connects you to people who aren't around anymore.

Yesterday amid bundles of old bills and expenses claims my dear father seemed to think necessary to keep for thirty odd years I found my grandmother's will. I had been very young when she got ill and I had the impression that I was least favourite grandchild.. my older cousins and sister being held up as paragons of virtue while my principle memory was of the regular application of a cold wet flannel being applied to a grubby face and being told I was a mucky pup. So I was very touched that I was the only grandchild who she specified should receive a specific item ... I suppose I was thought too young to appreciate a lace tablecloth at the time but it might have been nice if someone had mentioned it in the many years since.... and I now have to wait til my aunt comes back off holiday to see if I can get a positive ID of which table cloth it is...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote