View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #428
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Jealous. Soooo kitten broody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I'm so jealous! We only have two cats now.
Technically, I also only have two... but, well, here's the story.

Our neighbour got a kitten. His daughter discovered she had a cat allergy. So the kitten was passed on to us, and we named her Lucy.

A couple years later, Lucy got friendly with a neighbouring cat called Tucky, and lo and behold she got kittens. Five. We gave 4 away (two went to the other neighbour), and no one wanted the last one, so we kept him. And since we didn't want to name nim at first, when we still hoped that someone will take him, and then just got too used to calling him that, his name is Kitty. (Incidentally, we thought he's a girl at first, hence the girly name - or at least it's girly in Russian)

So then Lucy had another litter, 6 kittens this time. And they all got handed out, half of them to friends and half to random people through advertisements, because we really couldn't keep a third cat.

Our neighbour's cats sometimes come to visit. The girl is called Polly, and the boy (who was - and is - my mother's favourite) is called Jake. However, we call him Chernysh (Blackie, Darkie) like we used to when he was little in hopes that he'll start responding to that name too. He's one bear of a cat! He comes almost every other day.

And for the winter break some of our friends were going away, so they asked us if we could take in their still-kitties (called Moti and Luna) for a couple weeks. So we had two of those.

In conclusion:

Lucy, Kitty - citizens
Moti, Luna - one- and three-week visa
Jake - illegal smuggler. He smuggles food out of our house in his belly without any documentation!
Polly, Tucky - potential tourists