View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 05:22 PM   #11
Aradaewen
Haunting Spirit

Aradaewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aradaewen Send a message via AIM to Aradaewen
Sting

After sampling the best ale of the Shire with the solicitious Ardo, Pippin decided to dance it off. Being a shy chap, he stood on the sidelines of the dancefloor until a young maid named Camile asked him for a dance. He cheerfully obliged.

Pippin had always been a wanderer. He had no last name, and no family, roving the country-side for as long as he could remember, until he stumbled upon the Shire purely by accident. During his travels, he had met up with some journeying elves, who had taken pity on him. They had given him lessons in Elvish, a dagger, a bow, and a red pony whom he named Carad'naur which means Red Fire.

In fact, he had taken to the elves so much that forever after he wore only green and brown clothing, and learned the elven way with animals- riding Carad'naur bareback and with no bridle. When he came to the Shire, he found work, food, and board as a farm boy. He had no idea when his birthday was, having no parent to tell him, but after that memorable evening, he forever more told anyone who asked that he was born on Mid-Summer's Eve.

For that was when his life truly began...

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Aradaewen ]