View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #1184
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Ah, two more things...

If you think the way I handled the situation is bad in the first place please let me know and I can try it another way.

Secondly the thing where Dury's and my accounts differ. Now as I look at it again I don't think it's a major thing. Possibly nothing has to be changed. Dury wrote the following :
Quote:
Weapons drawn and held close to the victims, the Orcs were ordered and led out of the pit, the men and women who were not their executioners still standing by with their own knives, bows, slings, and spears at the ready. But there was little resistance left in the condemned creatures, with their empty stomachs and bodies still heavy from the night before.
Now in a way all this fits to my account after all.

Now there is no mentioning of the skirmish that took place... and it had to take place as we had spent a bunch of posts where the orcs prepared for their runaway so they were in fighting spirits. And anyway as one of the persons writing for the orcs I couldn't believe an account where they just gave themselves away without a fight.

But as I said maybe it's just okay as there is no apparent contradiction involved.