View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #20
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
Meriadoc ... I missed where you said you watched the commentaries - sorry. I do feel - rather strongly- that everyone has a right to their own opinion regardless of its origins or foundations. So your opinion is right for you. I also feel that much of the anti-Jackson criticism is from people who first and foremost think and believe in LOTR as a book. For them, it should never change. I do feel that many cannot get beyond that.

In the end some filmmaker could film the book page for page and turn out 29 hours of film and miss one speech in hour 12. Some purist on one of these sites would mention it and say it detracts from an otherwise noble effort. I truly believe that would happen. You just cannot please some folks.

I view the books and the movies as two very different ways to tell much the same story. I love them both. And that is right for me.

Neither JRRT or PJ was or is perfect. They are human so that is part of the package. I love what each gave us and appreciate each for its own individual merits.

Glad to see you are strong in your passions. Keep on posting.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote