View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, nice enough time for me to actually start getting impressions about people, which is especially welcome because I often have problems with Day 1s (well, who doesn't). This far however, many of them are impressions that have nothing to do with the actual suspicion of some person: some of them are more like questions about something which I do not understand about the person and it does not have to be evil or good, only strange - and therefore I would like to see it explained.

People who seem genuine to me this far ("genuine" does not necessarily equal "innocent", but at least this far I have no reason to suspect those people):

Rikae - looks straightforward, I can follow her line of thoughts, no problem, does not seem to be manipulative in any way etc.

Nog - looks like his classic self, this far same as above. Although I would like to read more from him in the future, but I am sure there will be something, so I don't worry about that.

Eruhen - not very much, but just from the small post of hers, the feeling is okay. Of course, that might completely turn around once she posts something of substance. This is more like the first impression (and therefore I am not putting that much weight onto it, but if e.g. there were no more posts from her today, this is where I am).

Btw: I haven't been playing for a while, but - I assume we don't have any complete newbies in this game? At least I assume it would be seen on the admin thread...

G55 - I am not saying she could not be questioned, however, from the general behavior I tend to see her as not pretending anything, e.g. her first post just being that of a person who would like to contribute but honestly cannot think of anything clever (compare with: Inzil, below).

Eönwë - seems also more or less genuine to me this far. Will wait for further posting, but up to this point, no problem, nothing suspicious or awkward.

And here we are sliding a bit among the "decision still has to be made..." kind of people...

Lommy - well, to be honest, she could be fake. However, I can relate to what she says - the only question is whether it isn't calculated; but I hope to see more from her.

Boro, Pitch - well, they don't look any suspicious this far, but there is still a lot to determine. I will wait. The more, hmm, complicated players, the more time the analysis requires

Somewhat fishy:

(Originally, I had Greenie here, because her post initially left me with the impression that she seemed to "accuse" or try to "draw accusation" from what I said about Zil and her remark about G55. However, on second reading - sort of "reading it in different tone" in different situation, it looks absolutely normal. So basically, I wait to read more from her.)

Inzil - This is not in fact suspicion (it's more like that what I've talked about in the beginning of this post), I simply don't understand: repeating this "we should focus on..." argument, but even after saying he understands me (which I believe he does), he fails to understand(??? can't think of other reason) that he is doing nothing!!! I mean, to post one post where you say "we should focus on..." and not adding anything, fine. But when somebody mentions that it is not very productive to just say it and do nothing else - and especially if you actually say you acknowledge what that person had said - and still keep only doing the same thing, posting the one-liners about the same thing... and you obviously are around and have time to post, so why not do more? I can't think of a reason why Zil is doing that, being he innocent or not. So, Zil: Why, since you have been around for several hours, you did not manage to actually post anything but only the same line four times over? Since you were so keen on starting hunting the Wolves??? That is a genuine question. I am puzzled, honestly.

Lottie - This is also more like the above case. In fact, it is only the sort of a bit "accusatory behavior" she has which makes me raise eyebrows (but nothing more) and then I don't completely understand the "saying random votes are bad is useless" - I mean, why not? I think it's more substantial than Acolyte speculation, after all; and no, of course nobody expects people to start defending random votes, however, there are people among us who CAN very well cast random votes, and the point of this (at least from my part, but I am rather certain it was also Lommy's and Nog's intention, since that seems obvious) was to warn those people and to prevent random votes from actually happening. But yeah, whatever.

I think I left out somebody - I think Bom also posted - but I got absolutely nothing from that post, so waiting for something more. Please, more posts!

EDIT: x-ed with Greenie
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote