View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #40
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
[QUOTE=Galin;700969]
I'm guessing that it's based on the admittedly misty reference to Arwen being referred to as Queen of Elves and Men (in The Return of The King), maybe coupled with the choice of her son's name: either "son, descendant of the Eldar" (Eldar-ion), or possibly "Elda-prince" (Elda-rion). I don't recall a specific reference to Eldarion either, about that, but anyway my main reason for quoting these opinions was to explain Gil-galad rather than the scenario after his death.

QUOTE]

I think... my "HoME" is in storage too... that this is in a draft of the Tale of Years for the LOTR Appendices. Since it was superseded in a text published in Tolkien pere's lifetime, I don't personally think it is very strong proof ... though it has been used on another thread, and needless to say, not by me, in an attempt to prove that Arwen is more or less the supreme being

Oh and I agree totally with Kuru regarding Elvish inheritance. Furthermore not all monarchies have strict lines of inheritance in our own world. And in Tolkien's, well on another thread, there was some speculation on Eomer's inheritance given that Theoden's older sisters may well have had children

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-30-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote