View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #17
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ah-Ha I remember. It was "It is a hard thing for a hobbit,to look on hungry while others eat." Still can't rememebr where its from though.<P><BR>I think that may well be the very same song that Pippin sings in Return of the King. I did not notice that before. Does anyone have the precise lyrics to Pippin's movie song?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Pippin is with Beregond on the battlements of Minas Tirith on the dawnless day (<I>The Siege of Gondor</I> in RotK) when he says: "And I'm not used, Master Beregond, to waiting hungry on others while they eat."<P>The film lyrics are: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>Home is behind<BR>The world ahead<BR>And there are many paths to tread<BR>Through shadows to the edge of night<BR>Until the stars are all alight<BR>Mist and shadow<BR>Cloud and shade<BR>All shall fade<BR>All shall fade</UL> This is a slightly modified version of the last part of the hobbit walking-song from <I>'Three is Company'</I> in FotR: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>Home is behind, the world ahead,<BR>And there are many paths to tread<BR>Through shadows to the edge of night, <BR>Until the stars are all alight.<BR>Then world behind and home ahead,<BR>We'll wander back to home and bed.<BR>Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,<BR>Away shall fade! Away shall fade!<BR>Fire and lamp, and meat and bread,<BR>And then to bed! And then to bed!</UL>