View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #131
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I agree with that. I read the Hobbit aged 8 or 9 after it was serialised on Jackanory (a wonderful programme but probably far too low tech for today when children are expected to maintain attention for no more than a nanosecond - an actor reading a book with a few drawings would probably not cut the mustard ) and loved it. So I was given the LOTR the following Christmas. Although I was a quick reader and reading books way above my age range, I ground to a halt at the end of the 2 towers - this was before I was old enough to appreciate Faramir and i have always found the endless slogging agross wastelands with Frodo, Sam and Gollum the worst bit of the book.... by the time I got back to Gandalf and Pippin at the beginning of ROTK I had lost the plot..... I went back to it about 2or 3 years later and happily escaped into middle earth for the rest of my adolescence.....
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote