View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 10:07 AM   #125
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

After a hard day at work Sador finally reached the door, he gave a soft knock before entering. He was glad to finally get home, and eager to hear how his wife's luncheon had been. Pelien sat in her favourite chair by the window. He crossed the room, smiling at her while she rised to meet him.

“How was your day, Dear?” His wife asked him in a sweet caring voice. He looked at her in admire and happiness. She was truly a great wife.

“It’s much better now,” he said giving her a kiss on the cheek. As he held her he just had to hug her. Sador felt the warmth from her body to his. Oh Pelien, he thought while picking her up from the floor swinging her in a circle. Her horrified reaction made Sador laugh.

“Sador! Wh..I never!” she said being totally out of breath. She liked it,
Sador thought, while watching her walk swiftly away. Her husband followed her.

"How did the Luncheon go?" he asked trying to be serious. She looked up at him, giving him an of-course-it-went-well look.

"It went well," she said giving a sigh.

Sador remained silent for a moment, trying to figure out if she wore a mask. "Are you sure, you seem..." He was interrupted.

"Of course I am sure. All my luncheons go well. They are my luncheons, you see." Pelien opened her mouth once again. "It was very nice, actually, it was splendid. Elegant, sophisticated, tremendous, fantastic...." This time it was Sador's turn to interrupt her.

"Are you sure? You have said it was nice in many ways now," Sador assured her.

Pelien stood stricken by his statement but reassured him that it was absolutely fine.
Sador however, thought it weird that his wife had seemed so eager to let him know that all was fine. His wife was good at these luncheons, but never before had she said something like this. There was something wrong. Well, maybe not wrong, Sador thought. Just something unusual. He stirred at her, watching her trying to see signs of something unexpected. Nothing.

"Okay then," he said taking a step forwards kissing her again on the cheek. "What did you talk about then?" he asked trying to read her mind. Pelein started muttering about Finduilas and Denethor. "Just the usual," she continued. "Just the usual," she said again. Sador nodded, and decided not to push her. There was something , he just didn't know what, yet.

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]