View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #192
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I've been looking at the way Nogrod has been treated by other villagers. I doubt Nogrod left leads to other wolves in his posts - it was Day 1, after all, and he would have to slip really badly to reveal one of the other wolves. The other wolves, however, seeing that Nogrod was about to be lynched, might have reacted in a telling way.

There is Eomer, who said very little substantial all day and then tried to rescue Nogrod in the last minute.

Boro attempted the same, but I can't read him at all at the moment. I will need to have a closer look at him later today.

However, would Wolf-Nogrod even want to be saved in the last minute? I would guess he's more the type of wolf who would go down for the team instead of telling them to save his skin come what may - especially since they were able to talk during the day. Still, Eomer and Boro are near my center of focus.

Isabellkya tried to defend him in #161

Quote:
To me Nogrod seems to be his usual self, especially in his attitude towards wanting to lynch the quieter players over the louder ones. Quite understandable.. and I think I've seen such comments in every single game I've played with him. Probably because he always targets me as one of the more quieter players, and it is hard to not notice.
Macalure's insistance on lynching Nogrod is a bit worrying. Innocents have the freedom and luxury of debating and retracting votes when possible. Wolves however, when on a lynch-hunt don't have that.
This kind of subtle defense is more worrisome.

But who really stands out to me is, you might be surprised: Aganzir. Let me explain.

In #120, she starts with being inclined to think Noggie innocent, in a list with many others.
In #126, she comes up with the theory of Noggie and me both being wolves. It's interesting that she also picks Shasta, another Nogrod accuser/suspect. While this paints Nogrod in a bad light, it also casts a bad light on those who suspected him.
In #131, she continues exactly that approach by attacking SPM. She also attacks Kath, for taking my side even though only to a small extent.

Then she's away for the night, and comes back like this:
In #159, she calls me her prime suspect, but among the given candidates, she'd prefer Shasta or Noggie.
Then she votes him in #162, while keeping the back door of retracting to Shasta.
#173 is strange. Why does she put so much pressure on Shasta? If this is a campaign to get another vote for Nogrod, then why does she only address him? And what exactly makes her so suspicious of Nogrod that she would start campaigning for votes against him? As far as I understand, he was not her prime suspect, but only a better of two evils.

Maybe I'm over-interpreting, but this is how I see it:
When Wolf-Nogrod first got more heavily suspected, Wolf-Aganzir felt the need to help him. She's too smart to do it obviously, after Nogrod's death that would come back to her, so she does it not by defending, but by attacking all of Nogrod's accusers. She even brings in a wolf-on-wolf theory to make sure people won't suspect her to be on Nogrod's side.
Then she had a few words with her fellow wolves. Nogrod told her not to defend him, but to attack him if necessary. She keeps me as her prime suspect, but votes Nogrod. She can pull it because of the earlier wolf-on-wolf talk. She never gives any more serious reasons for it. But she keeps herself a back door with Shasta. She puts Shasta under pressure, hoping he would falter and give her an unsuspicious way out of her vote for Nogrod. But Shasta retracted, which left her with a dead co-wolf, but at least made her a main contributor to his death.

PS: The first one to give out a Mac-Nogrod-wolf-on-wolf-theory backed with at least a little reason wins a prize, all others who come up with it win a prominent place behind Aganzir on my list of suspects.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote