View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 05:52 PM   #377
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Well, I got the LotR Trivial Pursuit Game, so my Updated Collection consists of:

- Books: The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings (Edition 1: three paper back books, FotR has Frodo on the cover, TTT has Legolas, and RotK has Aragorn; Edition 2: Nice, shiny, red leather, expensive collector's edition), Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The Lost Road and Other Tales, Morgoth's Ring, Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien, The Magical Worlds of The Lord of the Rings (David Colbert), Hobbits, Elves, and Wizards (Michael N. Stanton), Tolken's World from A to Z: The Complete Guide to Middle-earth.

- Movies: FotR (Theatrical & Extended), TTT (Theatrical & Extended), numerous recordings of TV specials on LotR or Middle-earth

- Posters: FotR (the Argonath), TTT (Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli), a poster of Smaug, and numerous magazine clippings, newspaper clippings, and other bits of LotR that can go on my wall

- Weapons: Soronnaro (pommel is made up of two eagle heads, back to back, the handle is made of mahogany, and the rest of the hilt is in silver, along with the sword), a bowie knife that looks remarkably like Aragorn's hunting knife

- Jewelry: All the charms from the bookmarks, the Ring of Barahir, Narya (a rather cheap version), and Vilya (another rather cheap version)

- Misc: life-size Aragorn cardboard cut-out, Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit Games, all the bookmarks, 2003 TTT Calendar, and a rather pretty collage that I made from the Noble Collection catalog and other magazines, mounted on a cork bulletin board spray-painted gold, a candle-holder made up of intricate vine shapes ending in circular "fruits," in gold
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote