View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:48 AM   #46
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Unfortunately, phantom, you appear to be basing your analysis (and misplaced accusations) on a fundamental misunderstanding of the beautiful game.

Unlike American 'football', the game of football is not based primarily on power. While strong, powerful players can be useful in certain positions (for example, central defence or as a 'target man' up front), there are many more skills which go towards making up a talented football player. Pace, agility, movement off the ball, positioning, accurate passing (both long and short), the ability to read the game are only some of the skills which, in varying degress, go towards making up a decent footballer. Hence, you will find that players do not need to be 7ft+ man-mountains to thrive in the game.

The particular qualities of Hobbits gives them great potential for becoming highly skilled players - accurate at passing, crossing and shooting, skillful in avoiding the tackle, surprisingly pacy, deceptive when moving off the ball, good positioning, difficult to 'man mark' etc.

There is no question of them having to rely on cheating to win their games. They have more than enough natural ability. Indeed, I would expect those teams with a generally far less moral approach to the world, such as Mordor and Angband, to be much more prone to cheating, and I fully expect this to be reflected in the disciplinary record by the end of the tournament.

In any event, your allegations, against Hobbit teams and Boromir88 and now seemingly extended to the Downs admin/mod team, are entirely without foundation. Unless you are able to come up with a single shred of supporting evidence, rather than pure speculation and rumour based upon a sloppy understanding of the game, I suggest you desist, lest you become subject to disciplinary scrutiny yourself.