Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Tolkien

Quote:
Originally posted by Aiwendil
FG-TG-04
As Antoine says, this description of the armor was inserted earlier, in the transition section. The reasoning, as far as I can remember, is that in the Lost Tales version, Tuor is still dressed in bear skins and such when he reaches the gate. The armor is then later made for him. It makes sense, then, to remove the description of the armor here and put it in earlier, replacing the description of Tuor's primitive garb.
Now it's clear, and I agree with that.

Quote:
FG-M-09

Just to be completely clear - we're not talking about deleting these changes; it's just that these are general changes that don't seem to warrant a number.
You are correct. These changes are just names. Ex: Melko to Morgoth, etc. There were no additions or edition of the text.
Quote:
FG-M-02
Originally posted by Maédhros
In this one, I have deleted the {sons of the} Orcs part, it seems out of touch with the legendarium.
Hmmm. I don't see it as being out of touch with the legendarium. "Sons of Men" is commonly used simply to mean "Men". I don't see it as other than a sort of lively phrase. But if others agree that it's out of place, I'll consent.
Does this means that you are ok with it? Are there any references of sons of Orcs in either The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit?
Quote:
Originally posted by Aiwnedil
FG-M-05
The Quenta does mention the Ruin of Doriath - "the slaying of Dior, Thingol's heir". So it would only be mention of the fall of Nargothrond that we would gain from the 77.
Ok, but are you ok with them then? And in the Quenta, there is no mention of the Ruin of Doriath especifically, only the slaying of Dior, Thingol's heir.

Am I to assume Aiwendil, that you are ok with the whole of Part 3 of Fog then, besides these changes? Are we only waiting for lindil's output then?