View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 09:26 PM   #32
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
“Ms. Innkeeper, is Bethberry still in the area?” Aylwen turned towards the speaker without hesitation, and when she saw the customer her eyes subconsiously squinted. The Innkeeper had seen the man dressed in Gondorian livery before; she remembered the man being quite a pest during the rebuilding of the stable. Aylwen had never spoken to him, but then, there is a first time for everything.

“She’s working upstairs. Can I help you?” Aylwen replied monotonously, glancing curiously at the man...Az -- Azzel? Azaziel! Aylwen recalled the name in her mind. The man stroked his chin in a quite peculiar way, until his well thought out response left his parted lips.

“Well, could I have a tankard of ale? Fine stuff, if I may say so. Could you, or perhaps one of the servants, run upstairs and tell her that Azaziel Danwedh would like to see her? She’ll remember me.” I'm sure she will, Aylwen agreed internally. Still, Aylwen smiled and brought the man his ale and proceeded to trudge upstairs to the room Bethberry occupied.

Knocking on the door softly, Aylwen waited until she heard footsteps moving to the door. Bethberry opened it, and they both smiled briefly. Aylwen hated to bother Bethberry... "Do you remember Azaziel Danwedh?" Bethberry nodded at Aylwen's inquiry, so the Innkeeper continued. "He wishes to see you. He's just waiting downstairs drinking his ale."

"If you see him, tell him I will speak with him soon..." Bethberry said after a pause. Aylwen nodded and went back downstairs, where she walked past Aedre. The young girl stopped and turned her heels after Aylwen and stopped the Innkeeper.

"Oh, Miss Aylwen!" Aedre began, the information at the tip of her tongue. "I was asked to inform you of the presence of two nice gentlemen who wish to see you," Aylwen was about to ask their names, but the wonderfully competent Aedre knew what Aylwen was thinking. "I did not catch their names, and did not think to ask. They're over there!"

Looking through the crowd where Aedre had pointed, Aylwen smiled and thanked Aedre as she saw who the 'nice gentlemen' that were being discussed. Aylwen strode quickly over to the table of her two friends, Castar and Windheneb. A smile was growing steadily until she reached their table.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't Castar and Windy back at the Horse!" Aylwen said, laughing and pulling a chair to the table so she could sit next to the men. "How have you two been?"