View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 10:38 AM   #124
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ruddyn gave Léspheria a little bow. "It is my pleasure to help, m'lady," he said. "And I would like to comment on your thoughtfulness to help those of the inn when they are already being overworked by the numerous amount of guests here." Léspheria, being an Elf, could not help but notice the different meaning in his speech as he mentioned the guests.

"Perhaps you and your sister would like a room where you can speak without fear of being overheard?" she asked as delicately as she could.

Ruddyn laughed and grasped her hand in a friendly, thanking matter. "You are too kind for words, m'lady," he said. "But no, I feel that we shall be quite content to speak here, as long as we can find some quiet corner to sit." He quick eyes observed one or two, though it seemed most of them were already taken by those who wished to be in silence. He turned back and saw that Fendadia was asking him a silent question with her eyes. He gave a little nod and pointed with his own eyes towards a table unoccupied with hardly anyone sitting near it. The one problem was that it was right next to the counter, but Ruddyn did not consider the staff of the inn as gossipy.

He told her in the silent way they had learned to understand, by making movements with his hands and letting his thoughts show through his eyes. Fendadia nodded, but spoke softly, "Being near the counter, many will come to order rooms, drinks, and meals."

"We will handle that when it comes to it," said Ruddyn in reply. He turned back to Léspheria with a word of apology, and then began his order. "I would like just a simple ale," he said. He glanced quickly at Fendadia.

"Brother, you act as though you fear I am too young to drink ale," she said with a merry laugh. "An ale for me as well, Lady Léspheria."