View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #57
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Dárin rides a horse.

The gang (for want of a better word) headed out toward the stables. A few horses were ready there for them. Dárin prepared himself for an ordeal.

The first try wasn't lucky. He missed his footing and fell back down the side of the mare. Trying again, he leaped too hard and frightened it, almost getting stepped on. Eomerleo quickly stepped in and helped up Dárin who protested, but didn't really mind. The next thing to do was get himself into a good position on the saddle. It was difficult to get behind the Gondorian without falling off. Needless to say, he did. But they got there somehow.

Dárin sighed, finally getting into a rhythm. It was taking a toll on his old frame already, this adventure. How will I make it back in one piece? he wondered. The fear was strengthened as they set off, he heard of the two elves kiss each other on the way. It will distract them. They won't have their minds on the task, but on each other's welfare. Were they already falling apart?

Dárin forced himself to think of other things. "The Gap of Rohan. Éomeléo, would you have a map I could see? I know little of these parts. Isn't there a river, or a tower or something? Isengard? Made by your people?"

Last edited by The Sixth Wizard; 12-04-2006 at 01:45 AM.