View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #60
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Linduial glanced up in surprise, the bite she had been about to take poised midair on the dull knife she was allowed. "Important? This something Sorn wants to know?" She'd relaxed greatly in Scyld's presence over the last few days, and some of the lighter bruises were starting to change color as they began to heal. Unfortunately this made her look somewhat more battered rather than less. The garish splotches of yellow and green only made the deeper bruising more glaringly obvious.

She didn't wait for an answer, but popped the bite of bland 'sausage' into her mouth and continued, speaking around it with no trace of her old, polished manners. "I don't suppose anything there is terribly important to anyone but me, really, but even so it's a shame to lose them. The basket I borrowed, and the other things were meant as gifts to some people who mean a great deal to me, but they didn't even know about them." She threw Scyld a quick glance, her next comment surprising him again with the depth of viciousness this seemingly mild little songbird was capable of. "Just one more thing to fantasize eviscerating Sorn for."

She laughed a little at the look on his face. "If you think I'm bad, you should meet my brothers. They wouldn't wait to talk or fantasize about it--and I wouldn't do it myself. I'm far too much the pampered child to get my own hands dirty." Her expression was wry, but her eyes glinted with a genuine loathing when she spoke of Sorn, quickly supressed as she changed the subject.

"So why do you ask about my things?"