View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 10:06 AM   #233
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Erebemlin looked on Amroth with eyes full of concern. “Lord Amroth, we have no need for a watch here. You are still in need of much rest before you will be well.” Amroth met Erebemlin’s gaze and the Sinda saw the king’s fear. Opening his thoughts, Erebemlin touched Amroth’s mind. Come, rest…I will watch over your dreams tonight. You have no need for fear.

Momentarily Amroth appeared flushed, but he immediately hid it. “Maybe you are right, Erebemlin. The forest is safe, and I do still feel as though I could sleep some more this evening.” The king flashed his eyes to his faithful servant. Thank you.

The elves sung a song of peace and restfulness as they worked together to make comfortable beds for the guests. Soon six small beds of thick blankets lined the left side of Erebemlin’s talan, and as the four elves continued to sing the guests became weary and soon laid down, each peacefully sleeping, even the cautious Ædegard who expressed his wariness of sleeping in the tree.

After quickly cleaning the mess of the evening’s dinner, the four elves sat, still as stone, discussing the day’s events. Erebemlin remained near Amroth, while the others faced him.

Do you truly mean to leave the forest, Silmaethor? Taitheneb finally asked what had been on his mind the majority of the evening.

You must understand, Mellon. He is my king, and I have sworn allegiance to him, even before his arrival this day…in this mortal body. The Sinda looked down at Amroth’s sleeping face then back to Taitheneb. I must aid him and see he is safe.

Taitheneb remained silent and studied his hands that lay crossed in his lap. Caranduin and Celegtâl look at one another. This was the first they had heard of Erebemlin’s leaving. We will be greatly grieved at your departure, Silmaethor. Caranduin’s eyes were saddened.

It will be difficult for me also, mellyn. I shall miss each of you greatly, but I will return when the quest is over. You have my word. Now, I will need your help. We will need enough lembas to last possibly weeks…enough for all of us. Can you do this?

For all? But, my lord... Celegtâl raised his eyebrows and looked from Erebemlin to the humans and back to Erebemlin.

Yes, mellon. Erebemlin gazed down at the young mortal who housed his king. I know not how Lord Amroth returned to us, but I have made an oath to aid him with whatever means I have.

That is well, Silmaethor, to help Lord Amroth... Caranduin glanced at Celegtâl before continuing. It is rare, indeed, for lembas to be given to any mortal...not since the Ring Bearer...

I know our traditions, Caraduin. The elder's eyes flashed. I believe this is a time where an exception may be made to tradition. It seems this is the chosen company of the king. What fate draws us, I know not. The younger Sindar lowered their eyes and said nothing. I will ask you again, Erebemlin's thought became more gentle. Can you do this?

Yes, we will have it for you by sunrise. Celegtâl bowed his head, and then he and Caranduin rose and left the flet to gather supplies for the travelers. Taitheneb remained.

Let me go with you. Taitheneb flashed his eyes with determination.

Erebemlin was surprised by his statement. Why do wish to go on such a journey, Taitheneb? Why would you wish to leave the forest?

Taitheneb looked down again. I cannot see you leave this forest without me, just as you cannot see him go without you. Slowly Taitheneb raised his eyes and looked at Erebemlin’s face.

Astonished, Erebemlin considered the elf’s request. In his heart he did not want Taitheneb to have to give up the forest to go on mission about which he cared little. However, he could not deny that another elf could be needed if the group came across any trouble. After his long silence, Erebemlin reached out his hand and took Taitheneb’s. I would be honored to have your company on this journey.

Taitheneb smiled and sat back. The weight had been removed from his shoulders and he sighed.

Last edited by alaklondewen; 06-30-2006 at 04:58 PM.