View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 01:13 PM   #90
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'm not sure if he'll really look for a new job, yet, or cheerfully enjoy his retirement. He will want to stay where Lin is, and her 'visit' is likely to become quite stretched out. Actually, I've been thinking about this one all afternoon, and I think a heart attack is how I'm going to play it, and then see where it goes as he recovers and becomes a sort of wise grandfather figure for the whole bunch. The almbudsman isn't likely to need a lot of extra help for a while though, and that way he can perhaps slip into stewardship sideways, so that he's been really doing a lot of the job for a while before it's ever made official, just because he's bored of being a bedridden old man and "that young Thornden", and the "good young Lord Eodwine" need help.

Lin knows him well enough to nudge him in that direction, especially after her father releases him from his service. How's that sound?