View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #110
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nali

This youngster was persistent on the subject of his importance. Nali found it funny, though, that Onli did not mention one example of his past duties. Still this Onli sounded like he had experience as a diplomat of some sort, Nali, however, certainly had not seen Onli within Balin's circle. Nali almost decided against ever letting Onli to speak Trór, but he soon thought better of it. If this Dwarf was as useful as he professed Trór would spot it, and if not, it would serve this Dwarf well to get a tongue thrashing for Trór and dismissed.

"Very well then, Onli. If thou art as useful as thou professes, Trór will no doubt be gratified. I will not allow you to walk so boldly before him in council, as I have said before. However," Nali continued, this time glancing at Nîsa. "Ye may wait outside the great doors for the council to conclude. I will introduce the both of ye when the time is ripe.

"There is some danger in this, though. If Trór spots either of thee, especially you Nîsa, he will not hesitate to punish the both of thee. However, Onli," Nali saw him glance at Nîsa in a less than favorable manner, "I don't expect for thee to get far without her influence. This is all that I am able to offer. Come, if that is thine wish."

Without any further word Nali hastened back to the council, not paying an attention to his two guests until he stepped beyond the Eastern Gate. Here he halted them, and bid them to be patient and wait, before he left. Loni was still standing where he left him.

"What has passed brother?" Nali whispered, quietly slipping to his side.