Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 10:57 PM   #402
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I'm bored, I've just read through this thread and gotten *much* amusement, and though you'll find me on page 8, I'm going to do it again. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Because I can.

Name Sara, or here Sophia.

Occupation:to quote my profile, Library Archival Assistant, a dignified name for a most undignified sport.

Future Aspirations: Teach Philosophy to others who will then go on to teach it to others who will...

Goal(s) in life: Learn to take criticism, publish something someday.

Short term goals: Cut back my BarrowDowns time to allow for a life, Run an RPG, post intelligently (contradictory goals, unfortunately).

Passions: Christianity, the Downs, all things Tolkien, Understanding.

Hobbies: RPGs, Useless trivia, crochet.

Famous for: I am a world-class mooch. Though I can't rival Nuranar's 1600 SAT score, my Verbal was 800- not too shabby. Oh, and genuinely having one pointy ear (but only one, we can't be perfect [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]).

Fave books: The Silmarillion, Perelandra, The Brothers Karamazov, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, In this House of Brede (Rumer Godden).

Fave movies: Disney's Robin Hood (with the fox), The Matrix, Contact, Anne of Green Gables (sappy girlhood memories...).

Fave sports: Baseball, but only to watch, I got cut from the softball team in 7th and that was the end of my career [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Fave stores: What? People somewhere can afford to go to stores?!

Fave music: Lifehouse, Ben Folds, John Mayer, Barenaked Ladies, Tree by Leaf.

What you can't stand: Excessive Feminism, eradication of opinion in the name of "tolerance", people who refuse to think in the name of avoiding conflict.

What you plain dislike: Bananas, cats, allergies, busywork, typos.

Who you admire:
CS Lewis,
lindil- I read his website on occasion,
The Squatter of Amon Rudh- for providing excellent reading wherever he posts,
Dr. Otis Bowen- I work in his archives, a thoroughly admirable man... one can learn much about a person from their personal correspondence,
Garrett Soucy- a most inspiring lyricist.

What you most love to do: browse the Quiz Room, swim, write papers ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] strange but true).

Your self-confessed flaws: Chronic indecision, a tendency to remain seated at all times, argumentativeness, procrastination.

What intrigues/fascinates you: Logic puzzles, freedom and causality, Theology, Symbolic Logic.

What scares you: Televangelists, responsibility, the state of my own spiritual life (scattered at best).

Quotation to live by:
"If my life be ever taken, but death never comes, I know I'll never cease to praise Him, for He's still God!" -Tree by Leaf

"For except You entrhall me, I never shall be free; Nor ever chaste, except You ravish me."
-John Donne (the rest of the poem is quite excellent as well)

Additional comments: This has certainly been an educational experience, making the Downs my new residence... May it live long and prosper! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Sophia the Thunder Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote