View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #604
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks chap/esses; Esty, I think there's a line in my post where the Itship introduce themselves. Typical lassez faire writing, eh? The name ditty is a riff on a Paul Simon song, I just can't resist sometimes.

So - Halfemption:

In keeping with the thoroughly inaccurate naming thus far, whereas Halfullion was assuredly half-empty, Halfemption is rather the other way. Although less good looking than his more esteemed and enobled sibling, he is the brighter of the two, and the more sensitive. A gentle play on Faramir and Boromir coming up soon...

The young Halfemption was kicked out of home by his father, Old Gumption, for not being 'heroic' enough, and for commenting wrily that the family should spend less time adjusting their hair, and more time preparing for the quests that invariably lessened their number. Old Gumption took this as a severe insult upon the Gilded Scissor, and banished his son until such time as he could prove his valour.

Unfortunately, shortly after he set out in his ship, Halfemption became stranded on an island, where he turned into a dragon and it took a rather uncomfortable episode with a lion to straighten him out. He has picked up a companion, the estimable Fetherfled - of whom, more later.

Halfemption is, however, in the common parlance - a good egg, whereas Halfullion had always been a little cracked. Something to do with throwing off the yolk etc etc.