Thread: Top 5...
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #33
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I don't know..I do like a lot of film music.. it is just whenever I catch bits of the films on tv... it is as if - like with the script - they have assumed an audience iq just slightly above that of a house plant and that they have to sledge hammer everything in. I know music should enhance the visual but it is more like having audio description on, I know the Shire is a rural idyll without a twee little theme and I don't need a fanfare to understand that the mountain scenery is majestic.
I get what you're saying, but for me it's more than that. I guess we just have to leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I did think the visuals - costumes, props, sets were very good with minor exceptions (why did the Rohirrim have such tatty cloaks?)
The scenery was beautiful, that's for sure. I like the costumes too. Since I'm nitpicky, I always point out that the hair colour is wrong for some characters. But that's really just me being prejudiced against PJ. And it's noting compared to the more major stuff that he put in the movie.