View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #177
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I don't feel any qualms about Galadriel - given that we know Finrod used his father's device, this is essentially what she would have used once she was head of House Finarfin in Middle-earth (which, given the absence of Orodreth in the musical, she is for both her songs).
In the Russian lyrics she even calls Finrod her "only brother" - like the other 3 didn't exist. But you're right, even if they do exist, she is the last one standing, and the only one standing for the LOTR departure (seriously... everyone else in the musical and in fact almost everyone in The Sil doesn't make it to LOTR). So she has full right to use Finarfin's device, both by "leadership" and just by kinship alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The question is, then: is this okay? I mean, yes, obviously, but should I feel bad about doing it? And also: does it actually look good, or should I work on it some more?
1. Yes, it is ok - much more than just ok!
2. No, you should absolutely not feel bad doing it.
3. It looks fantastic! I glanced at it before I read the explanation, and I had an association with, I don't know what exactly, but I think "radiant" is the closest word. It's very Vanyar, and very Laurelin. After reading the explanation I can see the parallel to Melian's Telperion. It's a very fitting symbolism, and it looks exactly how it's supposed to!

An edit for an edit: That sounds a lot better! I feel like it's still a touch off, especially on "oh my husband dear", but it is much better aligned.

Now, time for me to do some composing, or I will never get started on Finrod's stanza.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 07-27-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote