View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 03:45 AM   #349
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
... and it turns out I can't pronounce "brow". It's one of the words I tend to mispronounce. I said it in my head correctly a dozen times before the recording to make sure I get it right, and turns out on the actual thing I must have slipped into old habits and not even noticed it. Anything else I don't know how to pronounce? Seriously, call me out if I do things like that.
Er, it sounds right to me? It rhymes with 'aROUnd', which is what I was going for.

Quote:
Uhhh... well, yes, except that it's the wrong speed choir from the early drafts.
Hah! That's about what we should have expected from me. ^_^ Okay, I've put the new version in (and saved the audio with a distinctive title), so hopefully this is good:

Captivity

I think I've managed to synch the choir parts up correctly.

I think that works! I also see Melian as singing from Doriath, and it would make sense for Thingol to gallivant around and then return home.

Quote:
If the goal is to simplify things, I would go with "Thingol". If the goal is to include as many Tolkien references as possible... ^.^ (And yes, this line in Russian is just "My dear husband", or, as put elsewhere, "Oh my husband dear").
Ooh, it's kind of a shame not to keep that link, but I think I had to pull in a syllable from the other half of the line to make it all fit properly. I've put "Thingol" for now, but if you can think of a way to restore "Oh my husband dear", go for it!

Quote:
I'm afraid the Arumaning reference missed the mark, and I would seek enlightenment. Sarumaning?
Oh! Sorry. The Bakshi movie decided that 'Saruman' and 'Sauron' were confusingly similar, so changed the former to 'Aruman'... except for the times when they didn't, and left him as Saruman. Hence, Arumaning.

Quote:
I have just started deciphering Renunciation yesterday, it will be a long while before anything is ready. And I will let you know when I hear from Elanor or Legate!
Fantastic! There's some great lines in all three of those songs, and singing the sons of Feanor in full sassy mode is going to be fun.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote