Thread: Spoiler Alert!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
None of my family were remotely interested in Tolkien. They were readers but just not their thing so I was a blank slate pretty much. I saw the Jackanory Hobbit, and had to read the book to find out what happened as I missed the last episode. I remember crying at Thorin's death. However I might just have been a bit dim.. when I read the LOTR a few years later I didn't twig that the title of the third volume was a bit of a clue to the outcome... Actually it is probably just as well that my Dad wasn't remotely interested in Tolkien given how he reacted when he discovered I was riveted by the Day of the Jackal because I wanted to know if the assassin succeeded...

These I seldom read a book I don't have an idea about from a review or browsing though last year "We are all completely beside ourselves" was one since I was given it and it was a particularly good one to read in initial ignorance.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote