View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #265
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think it looks like a great proposal and I think the proposal outlines good change.

My only concerns are with the firm line between 'Game Development' and 'Game Running' essentially. It kinda seems to force a detailed planning period before you even start the game (even though I realize it won't be required, right?), which may make people feel like they have to have everything set in stone before they start the game...because once the planning thread is done, it's done! And limiting recruitment to a planning period also restricts keeping a game open to new players. I know someone, I think Form, commented on the concern that 'only people involved in the game read discussion threads,' and thus you need a planning thread to make it feel open to new people/outsiders I suppose. And having a planning thread, which is the 'open' sort of thread, and then the discussion thread, makes the latter the 'closed' thread.

Maybe in the development forum we could have some sort of 'recruiting'/game advertising method in addition to game planning? Edit: That can be used during a game to give notice of on-going games/games without a planning thread that are open to new players, etc.

Also the line between the *plot based* and *character based* also kinda bothers me, and as Mithadan pointed out, you'd need to define them specifically in order to use them as labels...which is difficult. I think it makes sense for someone to set out at the beginning what the 'feel' of the game will be, the pace of it, etc...but specifically defining two different types/categories is a little constricting maybe, if perhaps necessary.

Re limiting the number of games -- should Piosenniel and/or Mithadan just decide when enough's enough for now and close the opening of games, if in fact there is an explosion of them? (Which is basically what is said under the 'Mods and their roles' section)

And I understand the desire for time limits so I'll not whine about that.

Last edited by Durelin; 02-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote