View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:21 AM   #32
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

I think Woses and Huorns and Ents aren't really scary (at least not Woses), they just fascinate me. (If I was a trespassing Orc, I would be terribly afraid, though. ) And by the way, I don't really get this arachnophobia... spiders are cute.(Well, maybe if you take Ungoliant or Shelob, they might be a little scary, but just in general... .
What's so scary about Huorns is how primal they are. These are wild trees, not intelligent trees, like Ents, who could conceivably be reasoned with before they tore you apart. And a tree is a mighty thing, beyond human strength to fight off. Plus they walk. So you can't just say no to walks in the wildwood to avoid them... Same thing with Old Man Willow....

By the way, the shaved tarantula emerged again last night and I caught it but it escaped because I was fool enough not to realise even a monster spider could escape via the 'lip' on an upturned jug However, I think the cat may have been hunting it this morning so it might have been eaten by now....