View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

MESPN News
The Phantom

GONDOLIN- There's no doubt that the hidden realm in the Encircling Mountains loves their football, and so it's no surprise that they have moved quickly thus far in the preseason.

Team Gondolin is entirely owned by Hidden Rock Public. Some outsiders are surprised that Turgon doesn't have any private stake in the squad, but Gondolin fanatics were expecting as much. There has been some amount of strife between Turgon and fans when it comes to football matters in recent years, as Aredhel and Maeglin have found more success both in Gondolin and elsewhere, leading the people to place greater trust in their leadership.

Turgon put a brave face on things, and diplomatically stated that he wished his nephew the best, and that his impending signing with Inter Beleriand was entirely by choice, but most suspect that Maeglin didn't think he could have sufficient command with Turgon looking over his shoulder.

Aredhel, meanwhile, has stayed completely out of it, and is rumored to have signed with one of the squads from the Blessed Realm. The same thing is being reported of Turgon's wife, Elenwe, and his daughter, Idril.

Maeglin, meanwhile, wasted no time in helping to pull in a huge signing for Gondolin- Gothmog, lord of Balrogs.

Most expected to hear that Ecthelion had signed as well, as he and Gothmog have seemed inseparable in recent years, but in fact Ecthelion is working on finalizing a contract with AC Beleriand.

Gothmog: "We really enjoy playing together, but things just didn't work out this year. AC Bel didn't think they could afford to bring me on along with Ecthelion- not at a salary I'm worth, anyway. And then Maeglin offered me more than Morgoth was willing to give me, and Ecthelion encouraged me to take it. Maeglin and I worked well together on team Angfauglith last year, so it's not as if I'll be a fish out of water."

Others confirmed to have signed with Gondolin include Rog, Duilin, and Egalmoth.